Thursday, August 23, 2007

Good ol' US of A

Three of the things I love about the United States of America:

1. Freedom to the pursuit of happiness. I can do just about whatever I want if it makes me happy, so long as I don't make someone else unhappy while doing it.

2. Seperation of Church and State. This way the idiots running the country are zealous about taking my money instead of controlling my life. See #1.

3. I won't be shot because of who I am or what I believe. In 60-80% of the other countries of the world, I have the chance of being shot in the street because I'm American or a Catholic. Here in the US, I won't be. Instead, I'll be shot in the street because I have valuable looking shoes, I look funny, or they just because they don't like me. I don't know, I just feel comforted by that.

1 comment:

Steve said...

Hey there SavaTheAggie,

Just dropped into your blog because of your reputed interest in Lego. Yes, that sounds very sad of me but it got me here and it got me reading!

I hail from the UK where the police will shoot you if they think you're a terrorist. Not so great if all you're reaching for is the train ticket in your jacket pocket...

Nice blog. I'll be back!

Steve.